Call For A Free Consultation

Slip and FallAn injury caused by a “slip” or “trip” often occurs on someone else’s property. Often, these accidents are caused by a dangerous condition such as water or other liquid on the ground, uneven flooring, inadequate lighting cause people to fall and injure themselves. A property owner or entity who has control over the property, such as a grocery store, has a duty to make sure the area open to public is safe.

What Should I Do If I Was Injured?

  1. Report the Incident to the Property Owner.
  2. Seek Medical Treatment.
  3. Document Everything.
  4. Do Not Give a Statement.
  5. Contact Select Law.

Who Will Pay For My Injuries?

  • If an injury occurs as a result of a dangerous condition, the property owner may be responsible for your injuries. Many commercial properties carry insurance to cover you in these circumstances.

What Do I Have To Prove To Be Compensated For My Injuries?

1. Duty
A Duty is a legal obligation each person owes to Plaintiff. This includes Defendant’s ownership, control or operation of the place where the incident occurred.

2. Breach
Breach is a violation of the Duty owed to the Plaintiff.

3. Causation
A Breach of Duty owed to the Plaintiff must have caused the damages and injuries to the Plaintiff.

4. Damages
Plaintiff must suffer physical damages from Defendant’s Breach. Emotional damages may also be present, such as psychological trauma.

More Information

Select Law

Call For A Free Consultation
Washington (425) 891-6691 | Arizona (425) 891-6691

Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U