Call For A Free Consultation

Motor vehicle accidentThe best method for collecting information after a motor vehicle accident is to have a police officer memorialize everything in an accident report. The officer will list the date, time and location of an accident and the name of the driver as well as the owner of the other vehicle. The other driver’s insurance company and policy number will also be noted.

Sometimes it may be difficult to get a police officer to the scene, especially where injuries are minor and medical transport is not necessary. If the accident occurs on private property, such as in a grocery store parking lot, the police department will likely refuse to respond.

Parties to an accident are required by law to exchange information. Possibly, all you need to do to get the necessary information is to exchange the details contained within proof of insurance cards. But what if the other driver is not the owner of the vehicle? You may never know the identity of the person responsible for your injuries and won’t know who to sue if settlement negotiations break down. Therefore, it is imperative that you obtain the identity of the other driver from his or her driver’s license.

Don’t let the other driver’s admissions of fault, promises of payment, a nice guy attitude or his production of an insurance card alone stop you from doing your job. Call the police or at least make sure you identify both the other driver and the vehicle insurance before you release him from the scene.

If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, motorcycle accident or pedestrian accident, reach out to the experienced lawyers at Select Law. With our extensive experience in the legal field, we know what it takes to win your case. Call us at (425) 891-6691 | (425) 891-6691 to arrange your FREE CONSULTATION with an experienced attorney (in person, phone, zoom or your residence/hospital)


Parham Hakimi

Parham Hakimi is the founder of Select Law. Parham is passionate
about helping clients get a fresh start and victims who have
been wronged by the acts of others... Read more

Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U